Sunday, August 24, 2014

Weather Stripping Your Home With Cheap Weather Stripping

For around five dollars you can purchase small packages of weather stripping for your home. Weather stripping is a kind of tape with foam on one side. If you can feel a draft with your windows shut or experience wet window sills during rain, you are definitely losing money on electricity.

I bought myself some cheap weather stripping tape at Home Depot and put it around my windows anywhere I could feel air flowing. It has made it substantially easier to cool the rooms in my condo.

Be careful applying this stuff. It is really stick and messy. It has all of the same problems as duct tape when trying to apply it. My tip is to remove the paper backing along the weather stripping only as you go.

Can't wait to see if there is an improvement on my heating bill this winter.

Thanks and Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment